19 Assistants Jobs in Kenya – M&E
Position: M & E Assistants (19 positions Nairobi/ Kiambu)
Date of Commencement of
Duty: July, 2021
Duty Station: Nairobi
and Kiambu Counties
Duration: 1 year,
Reporting to the
Monitoring and Evaluation officer and program Officer, the
Monitoring and Evaluation assistant will be responsible for the
day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of the DREAMS initiative
program wards in both Nairobi and Kiambu Counties Respectively.
M&E assistant will work closely with other DREAMS TUMIKIA MTOTO
teams and in liaison with Government line Ministry of
Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Devolution and Planning,
and the Ministry of Interior and coordination of national
government. The officer will ensure timely collection, compilation
and update of information and data from the field into DREAMS
database as per the program SoP.
Key and Specific tasks
will include the following:
- Work closely with World Vision/TUMIKIA MTOTO, Ward
Administrators, Local Advisory Committees and CBOs to monitor and
document seamless and effective implementation of DREAMS in the
wards; leading to its success.
- Work with TUMIKIA MTOTO, partner CBOs, Ward
Administrators and the Local Advisory Councils (LACs) to monitor,
evaluate and document vulnerable adolescent girls and young women
(AGYW) using the vulnerability criteria developed by the
- Map out intervention implementation areas based on
geographical vulnerability scale developed by World Vision/TUMIKIA
- Manage information and assist to identify together
with ward level stakeholders, and manage a central, girls-only Safe
Space in each of the administrative wards of intervention; be the
resident coordinator of the Safe Space, ensuring that it is equipped
and stocked with DREAMS commodities, will ensure that it is safe and
that it is branded accordingly;
- Monitor, evaluate and document implementation of
the DREAMS package of evidence-informed interventions including,
Risk Assessment and Risk Reduction Planning tool, Healthy Choices 1
& 2, SHUGA 1 and 2, SASA, Family Matters Programming, and
promotive interventions like Condolympics and IEC
materials distribution to reach the target AGYW.
- Manage information on sensitized health care
workers on adolescent friendly services; and school-based HIV and
pregnancy prevention sessions.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage information in
liaison with World Vision to ensure vulnerable girls receive the
full package of behavioral and economic empowerment
- Keep records on procured ward-level merchandise as
appropriate on the advice of World Vision;
- Provide timely, detailed, complete and informative
monthly and quarterly data reports based on the reporting timelines,
templates and formats agreed upon with World Vision.
- Secure, store and protect from misuse all
DREAMS-procured program assets. This includes maintaining an
up-to-date inventory register detailing TUMIKIA MTOTO tagged assets;
- The DREAMS M&E assistant will play the role of
monitoring the local DREAMS representative in so far as the
implementation of EBIs will be involved;
- H/she will ensure adherence to the ethics, rules
and regulations set to regulate the behavior of everyone working
with AGYW at the safe space.
- H/she will monitor and manage information on the
work of mentors and facilitators in the wards, keeping records of
their activities and work-plans as appropriate.
- H/she will ensure documentation of the AGYW
stories/articles to the DREAMS newsletter, utilize Crucial Issues
Comics; access the social media pages etc.
- Do data summaries as required and forward to the
program Officers and the M&E Officer to aid in program
implementation and decision making.
- Conduct periodic analysis of the beneficiaries’
data and share with the team for use in planning.
- Mentor other program staff in program modules data
capture, summary and reporting.
- Additionally, like other DREAMS program staff,
will be required to sign a Working with Children Ethics, which will
be retained at your local DREAMS offices in a manner that will be
easy to access by donors.
- Diploma in Statistics/ Health Records/ Information
Technology/Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution,
an under graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Good data management and Entry skills.
- Database design, maintenance and analysis with at
least SPSS, STATA, EXCEL applications.
- A good command of English and
- Strong documentation/report writing and
communications skills. • Training and program management
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS programs,
experience working in care and treatment, and HTC programs will be
an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently with young
people using all relevant approaches including social
How to apply
including Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae indicating position and the
county/ward applied for with day-time contact phone number(s) of three
The application should
reach the Administrative Manager by not later than June
14th, 2021 on E-mail: [email protected]
Center for the Study of
Mbaazi Avenue, Off
Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202,
Nairobi; E-mail: [email protected]