Academics Program Director Job Bukura College
Academics Program Director Jobs, Current Director Jobs, Bukura College Jobs
ONE (1) POST V/NO.1/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.123,930 – Ksh.165,750 p.m. BAC ‘2’
Terms of Service: Contract
Requirements for Appointment
The Director, Academic programs will report to the CEO and coordinate all the College’s Academic Programmes.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- At least twelve (12) years’ cumulative relevant work experience, two (2) of which must have been at the level of Senior Principal Lecturer or its equivalent;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Horticulture, Agriculture and Home Economics, Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Education and Extension; Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Sciences and Mathematics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Physics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following:- Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Horticulture, Agriculture and Home Economics, Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Education and Extension; Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Sciences and Mathematics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Physics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and membership to professional body where applicable;
- Leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks;
- At least six (6) Years’ experience in management;
- Evidence of publication in refereed journals in the last three (3) years;
- Computer Literacy; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development and implementation of departmental work plans.
- Coordinate and compile quarterly and annual reports on academic affairs of the College.
- Coordinate cyclic curriculum review/development by carrying out SWOT analysis of the existing programmes and Labour Market Needs Assessment to ensure the training programmes meet the requirements of the labour market and new programmes are developed as per the College procedure for curriculum review/development to provide quality training for students
- Coordinate and supervise the College on academic affairs by approving course allocations and monitoring classroom attendance by both staff and students
- Carry out course evaluation at the end of every semester with the lecturers in order to identify any gaps that will be addressed in time for the new semester to ensure quality education for the students of the College
- Review and approve the development of schedules for academic trips.
- Coordinate curriculum implementation by sensitizing staff on new/revised training programmes and training materials.
- Coordinate curriculum evaluation.
- Teach, prepare course outlines, deliver course content as per the teaching timetable, and evaluate students for purposes of grading as per the College procedure to ensure quality training of College students.
- Identify institutions requiring consultancy services for purpose of raising income for the College.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to apply to the: –
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.O Box 23-50105
- Applicants should attach certificates, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter quoting the position and the reference Number on the envelope. It is an offence to give incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and Clearance certificates during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Bukura Agricultural College is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications should reach the College on or before 29th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm
(East African Time)