Accountant at Acacia Innovations
A social enterprise which provides eco-friendly cooking and fuel solutions for Kenya. Our first product line is Kuni Safi, a smokeless alternative to firewood made from recycled sugarcane waste. We supply schools, children’s homes, hospitals, hotels, and factories.
We’re looking for a highly detail-oriented and well-organized accountant to be based out of our factory in Nzoia, Bungoma. The Accountant will handle all aspects on company financials, including keeping the books, preparing monthly financial statements, payroll, statutory filing, supplier payments, and financial reports for funders and stakeholders. They must have a CPA(K) certification, expertise in Quickbooks, Excel, and Google Drive, and have a proven track record of excelling at duties across the accounting spectrum.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Post supplier bills, receipts, customer invoices, payments from clients, and supplier payments into the QuickBooks software on an ongoing basis.
- Reconcile amounts shown in the company’s books of accounts with actual amounts held in the bank.
- Management Accounting:
- Prepare financial statements as at the end of every month – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement.
- Prepare any other sales and budget analyses as requested by CEO or company directors.
- Financial Reports for Funders:
- Draft financial reports as required for funders.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation required by funders is received, filed, and scanned for submission along with reports.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Maintain a real-time list of accounts receivable from customers.
- Share weekly aging report with sales team.
- Accounts Payable:
- Maintain a real-time list of invoices payable on Google Sheets and Quickbooks.
- Verify supporting documentation check that goods were received/work was completed before approving supplier payments.
- Prepare bulk payment templates for CEO approval.
- Payroll Processing:
- Prepare the payroll by every end month using Wingubox software and transfer net payments to bulk payment templates.
- Prepare and verify payments to 70+ casual workers and contractors twice monthly
- Prepare statutory filings (PAYE, withholding tax, NHIF, and NSSF) and ensure their timely filing.
- VAT Reconciliation & Payment:
- Calculate input and output VAT and amount payable monthly.
- Prepare KRA payslip and ensure it is paid prior to the deadline.
- Stock Controls:
- Undertake monthly stock counts at factory to verify spare parts, tools, and finished product quantities and reconcile with records.
- Perform quarterly stock counts at all branch offices (Nairobi, Nakuru, and Machakos) and prepare clear reports.
- Petty Cash:
- Reconcile manager’s petty cash expenses with disbursements on weekly basis and ensure supporting documents are received for all transactions.
- Review and approve of requests for petty cash from company managers and forward approved requests to CEO.
- CPA (K) Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business or related field
- 5 years’ work experience in accounting profession
- Expertise in Quickbooks software, Excel, and Google Drive
- High attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities
- Excellent written communication- perfect spelling, punctuation & formatting of reports and emails
- Efficient in planning workload and able to manage competing priorities while meeting all deadlines
- Friendly and professional communication while speaking with clients and suppliers
- Pride in personal integrity and highly trustworthy
- Preferred but not Required:
- Expertise in Quickbooks Online (not Desktop version)
- Experience working for manufacturing companies, including correctly accounting for cost of sales incorporating work-in-progress items and stock produced but not sold
The post Accountant at Acacia Innovations appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.