Accountant at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes International is an international non-governmental organisation providing contraception and safe abortion services in 37 countries around the world. Marie Stopes International as an organisation lobbies in favour of access to abortion, and provides a variety of sexual and reproductive healthcare services including advice, vasectomies, and abortions in the UK and other countries where it is legal to do so. In 2015 there were an estimated 21 million women around the world using a method of contraception provided by Marie Stopes International provided. The contraception and safe abortion services that the organisation provided in 2015 averted 6.3 million unintended pregnancies, 4 million unsafe abortions and 18,100 maternal deaths. The organisation’s core services include family planning; safe abortion and post-abortion care; maternal and child health care, including safe delivery and obstetrics; diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections; and HIV/AIDS prevention.
Probation Period: 3 Months
Reporting to: Deputy Director – Finance
This role’s key responsibility is to support the processes that ensure that financial reports are timely, accurate and that departments’ meet standards of management of sound planning and management of the organization’s finances with the aim of helping to achieve long term financial sustainability.
Full Job Description
- Degree in finance or related fields from a recognized institution of higher learning
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in INGO or MNC sector
- Proven experience working with ERP system
- Private sector experience is desirable
- Experience in VAT accounting is an added advantage
- Excellent IT skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
The post Accountant at Marie Stopes appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.