Accountant at World Vision International
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Please note that you will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
Purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for the Finance and Supply Chain management function within the assigned programs/projects to ensure sound Financial and Supply Chain Practices with adequate internal controls and in line with WVK Policies, Systems and Procedures.
The position holder must be able to Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Planning, Budgeting & Budgetary control (for the assigned programs/projects (15%)
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with grant guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Ensure accurate and quality budgets are uploaded into existing databases and systems.
- Monitor and implement changes on PBAS commitment.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Prepare funding requests to ensure compliance
- Prepare grant funding agreements for local level partners
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
Procurement Management (30%)
- Prepare the annual procurement plans and consolidate grants and projects to form a Programs plan
- Prepare annual procurement plans in collaboration with Project Officers
- Keep track of all procurement plans to ensure timely project implementation
- Manage procurement process at the Programs/project level.
- Ensure procurement procedures are adhered to as per policy
- Guide and facilitate prequalification of suppliers process at the Programs level.
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are in place and observed by all
- Build capacity of Programs/Project staff and CBO on procurement processes
- Share procurement plans with the Area Programs Accountant and solicit for support in timely implementation
- Prepare/Review tender analysis to guide the procurement committee at the respective level.
- Coordinate the award process
- Ensure, monitoring and tracking of contracts implementation
- Ensure safe custody of supplies and inventory controls
- Prepare/Review disbursement records and ensure timely settlement of invoices
Financial Reporting (10%)
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- prepare Core/Logframe Combined Financial Reports
- Record Employee Expense Reports.
- Management of balance sheet
Cash and Assets Management (15%)
- Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
Risk Management (15%)
- Prepare and ensure timely settlement of supplier invoices
- Instill financial discipline in advances
- Facilitate internal and external audits
- Contribute to audit management responses
- Implement financial audit recommendations
- Ensure that all LDRs are correctly filled and personnel cost distributed accordingly
- Implement and adhere to grants regulations
Local partners’ capacity building (10%)
- Support financial assessment of potential local partners.
- Build financial management capacity of local partners
- Review MOUs and funding agreements
- Ensure timely funding of the local partners
- Review financial reports and transactions
- Provide monitoring support
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor (5%)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance , Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management from CIPS is an added advantage
- Professional membership with a recognized body
- Knowledge of Sun system is an added advantage
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply