Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs 2020, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Title: Accountant- Importing Company
Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi,
Gross Salary: 40-50k,
Our client is a major importer of the conveyer and industrial belts. They seek to hire a highly competent and experienced Accountant who will handle the full set of company accounts and ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- S/he will be responsible for the full financial accounting function for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Give account of cash transactions (bank account and petty cash) and reconciliations
- Ensure allocation and accounting of inter-company transactions and reconciliation with HQ.
- Process monthly/weekly accounting reports
- keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements
- Running accounting software programs like ERP (NAVISION) to process business transactions on payable and receivable accounts, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts
- Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements on time (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
- Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
- Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
- Ensuring all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organized manner
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time.
- Bachelor of Commerce Financial Management/CPA-Accounting Degree
- 4-5 years’ work experience as an Accountant position in FMCG industry.
- Must be between 25-30 years.
- Must be well versed with ERP accounting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word). Advanced Excel a plus.
- Must have a professional certificate such as ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW
- High ethical standards and professionalism, since they are often responsible for the banking and bookkeeping of a business.
- Must be very knowledgable with the local laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with computer technology and knowledge of a variety of software programs related to the field.
- Must possess strong reporting skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, planning and organizing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- High-stress tolerance and resilience
- Results and detailed orientated
- Only candidates from FMCG Companies will be considered for the Interview Process.
How to apply
Apply for Accountant Job here