Accountant Job in Kenya
This role is responsible
for ensuring financial resources are disbursed, accounted and reported
efficiently. To manage and co-ordinate the work of assigned staff,
ensure preparation of internal management reports, grant donor
reports and other financial accounting information.
- Senior Accountant.
- Assistant Accountant.
- Managing grant expenditure.
- Approval of requests of the financial management
- In charge of preparing timely management reports
- Ensuring that standard accounting procedures are
followed in preparing the financial reports & that any SOPS in place
- Verifying that all transactions are properly
authorized, documented, and ensuring that accounting transactions are
posted to the correct ledgers/account codes
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations monthly to
be reviewed by the Head of Finance
- Setting up new grants in the accounting database
- Supervising weekly cash counts and periodic stock
- Preparing Grant Reports for Donors and ensuring
these go out in accordance with deadlines, and with all the correct
supplementary backing information required
- Meeting with PIs and other unit staff to discuss
finance matters and advise on procedures
- Check and review coding of transaction before
posting to accounting system
- Check and review supplier payments as necessary
- Prepare bank reconciliations if required
- Analyze income & costs for specific queries
- Monthly variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Preparation of the CORE payroll
- Checking the KWP payroll, Supplement and Locum
- Other tasks that may reasonably be required of the
- Bachelor degree in accounting, Finance or in a
relevant field; Masters Degree is an added advantage
- CPA (K) Qualified accountant and
registered member of ICPAK.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant
experience; One(1) year supervisory experience an
- In-depth knowledge and experience in
computerized Grants accounting systems;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting
Standards and their applicability.
- Knowledge of Tax Laws and Company’s Act.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and
- Basic analytical, problem solving and critical
- Team working and ability to work in diverse
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and
attention to detail.