Accounts Assistant at Acacia Innovations
A social enterprise which provides eco-friendly cooking and fuel solutions for Kenya. Our first product line is Kuni Safi, a smokeless alternative to firewood made from recycled sugarcane waste. We supply schools, children’s homes, hospitals, hotels, and factories.
We’re looking for a highly detail-oriented and well-organized, and self-motivated accounts assistant to be based out of our factory in Nzoia, Bungoma. The Accounts Assistant will assist our Accountant in tasks including petty cash reconciliation, preparation of invoices and delivery documents, stock counts, filing all financial and HR documents, and checking and verifying supporting documentation, timesheets, and records for payment.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Petty Cash:
- Reconcile manager’s petty cash expenses with disbursements on weekly basis and ensure supporting documents are received for all transactions.
- Review and approve of requests for petty cash from company managers and forward approved requests to CEO.
- Delivery Documents:
- Prepare invoices, delivery notes, and dispatch notes for any customer orders.
- Stock Controls:
- Undertake monthly stock counts at factory to verify spare parts, tools, and finished product quantities and reconcile with records.
- Perform quarterly stock counts at all branch offices (Nairobi, Nakuru, and Machakos) and prepare clear reports.
- Record Keeping:
- File all financial and HR documents in a well-organized and transparent system.
- Ensure supporting document collected for each transaction; scan for funders and file.
- Confirm casual worker and contractor timesheets and raw materials collection and drying records for contractor payment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business or related field
- Must have passed Certified Public Accountants (CPA) PART II Examination.
- Highly experienced in Excel and Google Drive.
- Fast typist who pays attention to and corrects errors.
- Experience in Quickbooks preferred.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili.
The post Accounts Assistant at Acacia Innovations appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.