Accounts Assistant – Cargo Revenue Accounting at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Reporting to the Manager, Cargo Revenue Accounting, the ideal candidate will be required to audit the daily cargo rates and weight, ensuring that there is no revenue leakage and ensuring that Cargo stock is well managed, sales are timely and accurately billed to agents and CASS billing is done on time.
- Perform various stock transactions (i.e. issue/transfer/blacklist/un-blacklist/creation).
- Daily rate and weight auditing.
- Reconcile the data reported in the Cargo Sales Return (CSR) compared to the data in operations and revenue accounting system.
- Collaborate with Operations Team to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in Cargo system.
- Export billing and dropping hot files in IATA CASS before deadline.
- Filing of seasonal rates in the Revenue Accounting System.
- Flown Accounting & Proration of revenue.
- Ensuring that all the uplifted AWBs, CBVs and Mail Bags (CN38s) are accounted for.
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts.
- Daily exceptions management.
- Month end closure processing.
- Send chaser to stations to follow up on unreported cargo sales.
- Weekly/Monthly Cargo revenue reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Must possess accounting qualification i.e. CPA part II or equivalent.
- Basic IATA Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the airline industry.
- Proficient in use of financial accounting system.
- Knowledge in Cargo Revenue Accounting.
- Proficient in use of financial accounting system with a bias to competency in working with large ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Customer focus.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
The post Accounts Assistant – Cargo Revenue Accounting at Kenya Airways appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.