Accounts Assistant Job in Kenya
ltd is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution company. Sphinx
manufactures human and veterinary medicine as well as distribution of these
Applications from qualified
candidates are invited to fill the following position:
TITLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (ACCOUNTS
TO : CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
STATION : NAIROBI
: NONE / INTERNS (AS & WHEN REQUIRED)
Working closely with the
Head of Finance ensure that accounts Payables are managed in line with
financial processes and procedures
- Reconciling supplier accounts for any reconciling
items/transactions to get the correct and updated statement
- Reconciling customer balances as per individual
listing and control accounts
- Prepare schedules for internal and external
auditors as required and ensure QMS and financial audit queries are
addressed and closed out within the agreed time frames.
- Audit Suppliers’ invoices and ensure the system is
- Clear all outstanding reconciliation items within
the month including other non-trade Payables.
- Maintain accounts Payables files, manage Suppliers
files, correspond with suppliers on missing documentation, investigate,
and resolve queries and process approved adjustments.
- Reconcile expenses, prepare analysis of accounts
and present management reports (aged creditors, payments reconciliations,)
and ensure that all suppliers Remittance are prepared by the 30th of every month.
- Monitor Supplier account details for non payments,
delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that
impose an effective level of control over creditors activities.
- Ensure that proper cash controls are adhered to as
per company policies and control procedures.
- Receipt of suppliers bills, verification and
request for approval. Posting and filing the approved invoice voucher in
outstanding/unpaid invoice file
- Analyze all company costs Comparing with the
budget costs and escalating to the Chief Accountant for course of further
- Posting cheques in the system while ensuring
correctness of the information.
- Report on Aged Payables plus other ad hoc
reporting where applicable
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned from
time to time
- Timely reconciliation and release of remittance
advice by 30th of the every month
- Accurate and up-to-date information on Supplier
- Ensure Supplier complaints on account matters are
recorded and sorted out in 48 working hours.
- Accounts Payable Turnover
- Ensure timely preparation of Audit schedules and
timely response to all audit queries raised.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Accounting or Bachelor of Business
- CPA 2
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and
- Over three (3) years’ experience in a similar
How to Apply
If you meet the above
qualifications, send application, a detailed CV, three (3) referees &
indicate Current and Expected Gross Salary to [email protected] not later than
Close of Business, 22nd July 2021.