Actuarial Manager – General Insurance at CIC Insurance
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi
The Actuarial Manager role provides support to the General Insurance Subsidiaries and other support functions in the Group such as Finance and Risk. The role involves providing actuarial analysis for the Subsidiaries to ensure the company is always aware of its financial liability position, risks and market dynamics.
- Review and test models and assumptions on actuarial valuation for the relevant general insurance subsidiaries;
- Price new products and provide ratings guidelines for the relevant general insurance subsidiaries;
- Provide actuarial input in the Product Development Process for the relevant general insurance subsidiaries;
- Monitor and analyse experience investigations (claims, expenses etc.) and other actuarial investigations for the relevant general insurance subsidiaries;
- Formulate the investment strategy and review of the investment performance to provide insights for the relevant general insurance subsidiaries;
- Review and provide insights on solvency position and capital requirements;
- Perform long term financial projections to support decision making;
- Review of reinsurance arrangements and give recommendations on suitability of the reinsurance arrangements;
- Prepare and present quarterly industry analysis report for the subsidiaries and
- Prepare draft quarterly Board Papers;
- Participate in special projects such as the IFRS 17 implementation support as well as other projects requested by the relevant general insurance subsidiaries.
- Performance appraisal for Direct Report;
- Support in Group Initiatives
- Actuarial Science or related field
- Part Qualified Actuary from IFoA/SOA;
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which should be in a supervisory role.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of actuarial software in terms of capabilities and output as well as strong data programming skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills’
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills with high personal integrity
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title
The post Actuarial Manager – General Insurance at CIC Insurance appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.