Admin Assistant Jobs, Latest Administration Jobs, Corporate Staffing Jobs,
Title: Admin Assistant- Human rights organization,
Reporting to: Finance & Operations Director,
Location: Nairobi, Kenya,
Type of Contract: Part-time – 3 days a week – 1 Year Contract,
Our client is a well-established Human rights organization that provides technical support to women’s rights organizations. They seek to recruit an efficient highly organized administrative assistant who will work with the team to ensure that the backend support needed for a functional organization is soundly managed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Carry out general administrative duties and maintaining cloud and manual filing systems.
- Perform day to day errands, office shopping, handle and report on petty cash;
- Maintain official vehicle service records, liaise with service providers, vehicle insurance providers and maintain up to date records at all times;
- Maintain and manage client database with details of deals, contracts, and payments.
- Assist with the overall maintenance of the company and its offices as well as maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Attend to visitors and walk-in clients, handle telephone calls
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative monthly reports detailing all pertinent areas of work and those needing attention, recommending efficient and effective solutions to challenges faced for review by Finance director and or Management where need be;
- Facilitate travel arrangements for staff, stakeholders and coordinate their hotel accommodations during official travel.
- Work close with HR to manage all staff records and maintain a database of staff travel information.
- Maintain professional relationships with at least three travel agencies for ticketing purposes.
- Ensure timely visa processing, ticketing, DSA calculation and disbursement of entitlements before any official travel.
- Guide staff and provide necessary documentation for visa processing in liaison with Finance and HR
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Director.
- Must have a Degree in Administration, Business Management with 2 years’ minimal experience in a similar role is required.
- Diploma in Secretarial or Office Management related qualifications with over 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills in a culturally diverse setting;
- Good time management, planning and organisation skills;
- A general understanding of gender equality and women’s rights issues in Africa.
- Excellent inter-personal, writing and negotiation skills;
- Experience working in a virtual work environment an added advantage
- Experience working with confidential information and ensuring same at all times.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject, quoting the job title in the email subject (Admin Assistant-human rights organization) to [email protected] before Monday 11th May 2020.
Kindly indicate the current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.