Administration and Procurement Officer | ReliefWeb
CARE International is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. We currently work in over 93 countries with a focus on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty, while engaging men and boys as well. CARE’s East, Central and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to 15 Country Offices in the region. We are looking for a bright, dynamic, innovative and resourceful person to join the team in the capacity of Administration and Finance Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The post holder will be responsible to manage the Nairobi Shared Services Administration and Procurement functions. S/He will ensure close functional collaboration with other unit staff to enhance efficiency provision of services and accountability.
This position is responsible for day to management of Procurement, General Administration and office Facilities, Asset/ property, Transport (internal and outsourced), and Facility Safety and Security
Job Responsibility #1: Supply Chain Management
- Ensures effectiveness across the unit to attain cost effectiveness, efficiency, accountability, and timely supply, procurement of goods and services and value for money.
- Regular review and refresh the supplier/service provider database to ensure organization is getting value for money and meeting internal and external policies and laws.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers and service providers
Job Responsibility #2 Administration and Facility Management
- Maintain oversight of efficient and cost-effective facilities management in relation to building and office management and related services of the unit ( including cleaning, hygiene and general office well-being)
- Maintain oversight of efficient and cost-effective local travel and transport related activities (taxis, and rental vehicles) for staff locally and visitors from abroad.
- Maintain oversight and ensure timely payments of invoices related to office, administration and facilities management in Nairobi
- Ensure compliance with relevant registration procedures and our presence in the country
- Responsible for maintenance of facility leases ensuring that the leases remain valid and up to date.
- Responsible for the maintenance of leases and rental contracts.
- Ensure that staff work in a conducive environment where there is appropriate ergonomics, free from occupational hazards. Ensuring facilities are kept in good usable, safe and secure conditions. Liaise with the Landlords in case of the need for major repairs or maintenance.
- Security focal point for Nairobi office and responsible for ensuring that appropriate physical security systems are in place and staff are kept informed of the security procedures and systems.
- Organize regular security and safety training, drills and security information sharing.
Job Responsibility #3 Asset management
- Responsible for storage of equipment and office supplies, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained
- Responsible for the maintenance and regular update of CO property register according to policy
- Responsible for conducting annual physical verification of assets, preparation of annual physical verification reports
- Responsible for equipment movement, ensuring that proper records are maintained
- Prepare and submit monthly Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) reports to the appropriate person
Customer Focus – Internal & External; Problem Solving; Functional technical skills; Approachability; Planning; Informing; Listening; Negotiating; Process Management; Written communication.
Qualifications and experience
- Professional qualification in commercial purchasing–supply standards, CIPS or equivalent
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics equivalent
- At least 5 years professional experience similar role
- Strong organizational and administrative experience.
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to apply:
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to join our organization in this particular role, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary requirements, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11th 2019.We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya, as well as the necessary experience for this position. While we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply