Administration Assistant | ReliefWeb
Title: Administration Assistant
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes wi th our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and a footprint in Kakamega, Kisumu, Migori and Kitui. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations are managed by the Kenya CO.
The Administration Assistant reports to the HR/Administration Coordinator. He/she is responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative support is to the country office. He/she will ensure all Administration Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to.
General Office Management
* Manage the office switchboard, answer telephones and direct calls to relevant persons.
* Maintain Office meeting rooms booking register and liaise with IT Department that all gadgets are in place and in proper working condition.
* Greet and welcome all Kenya Country Office (KCO) visitors and direct them to the relevant staff/persons.
* Responsible for ensuring that the front office is tidy and clean at all times.
* Send and receive office mail and parcels via courier and maintain a tracker for the same.
* Assist in raising various procurement requests; tracking all PRs and LPOs for purposes of updating SCI Global Total Inventory Management system.
* File and maintain files of front desk documents.
Utilities & Payments of Office Rent and Bills
* Processing payments related to flight and accommodation bookings at most 3 days after SCI has been invoiced.
* Updating Administrative payment and procurement KPI tracker on a weekly basis and sharing the same with the Administrative Officer.
Travel and Accommodation
* Make accommodation bookings for National staff to the Kenya Country Office.
* Make cost effective flight bookings for domestic flights.
Other duties: Covering for Administration Officer when away.
Contract Duration: 1 year
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role in an International NGO.
* Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong and proven experience in people and relationship management
* Ability to manage multiple requests and to liaise with several different departments.
* Assertive and pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
* Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material or information.
* Ability to cope with varying workloads and interruptions and to organize activities to provide efficient services
* Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies
* A willingness to travel occasionally to field area offices.
* Fluent in English and Swahili
* Commitment to Save the Children Value
* Bachelors in business administration /Human Resource Management
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted