Administration Officer at Office of the Controller of Budget
The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) was established by the Constitution of Kenya 2010, under Article 228 and became operational upon the appointment of the Controller of budget on 27th August 2011. Prior to this, some of the functions of the Office of the Controller of Budget were performed by the Controller and Auditor General and the Treasury while others did not exist.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Human Resource and Administration, this position is responsible for implementation of HR and administration policies, systems and procedures and for management of OCOB’s fleet of motor vehicles in accordance with Government transport regulations and maintaining them for safe staff usage.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Develop and review of transport management policies and procedures and advise/sensitise staff on the same;
- Oversee the coordination of driver’s routine daily errands to ensure smooth flow of transport service;
- Oversee preparation of fuel/ vehicle recharge reports and do a follow up with Finance & Accounts department to ensure the amount is credited in the transport account;
- Monitoring the service providers to ensure that they provide efficient services and maintain good standards of the vehicles and do follow up on the renewal of their contracts and oversee the payment of their invoices;
- Prepare transport unit’s annual budget estimates;
- Carry out performance evaluation for the drivers and transport assistant Monitor vehicle movements, track fuel usage and consumption rates and prepare monthly reports;
- Manages the organization’s physical assets by ensuring proper maintenance and safety/security of OCOB equipment’s, furniture and other fixed assets;
- Review and implement workplace health and safety procedures;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Assistant Manager, HR & Administration from time to time.
Method of Application
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 14th July, 2020 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.
The post Administration Officer at Office of the Controller of Budget appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.