Administrative Assistant – HR at Moko Home and Living
Our Supply Chain team brings materials from around the world to our factory, where they’re crafted into furniture that make thousands of families happy, countrywide. We are looking at adding a Logistics Manager to the team, who will be responsible for inventory and fleet management, with the overall goal of enhancing business development, developing strong SOPs and ensuring sustainability. Our perfect match is keen on order and efficiency, and they’ll be in charge of planning and managing logistics, warehousing, coordinating and optimizing full order cycles, and reducing operating and management costs across the full inventory value chain.
Our administrative team keeps Moko’s office running smoothly so that we can deliver on our customer’s dreams. From supporting hiring of new team members to ensuring smooth people operations, Administrative Assistants run the processes that drive our day to day business. You’ll work closely with members of our management team, making this a great development opportunity for anyone early in their administration, HR, or accounting career.
The role in brief
Administrative Assistants can take on a wide range of responsibilities, we tailor responsibilities to a team member’s specific skills. For this specific position, we’re looking for someone with training and/or experience in HR and accounting, and their main responsibilities will include:
Find and support talent
- Support the production team in the hiring casuals
- Support the talent team in sending out correspondence for new/prospective hires
- Support managers in sending out correspondence related to disciplinary action
- Act as the finance liaison on matters relating to the production team’s employment issues. This would involve receiving and auditing the working hours submitted on a weekly basis, calculating overtime, allowances, deductions, and forwarding these to payroll processing
- Handle queries relating to pay calculations arising from the production and operations teams
Lay the foundation of accurate and updated databases
- Filing of statutory returns and follow up to ensure these are updated in each statutory body’s respective database
- Keeping the team database updated
- Ensuring accurate data entry relating to working hours in the production team
- Computing leave balances for all employees
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Career Growth and compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Requirements and experience
- You have training and experience (at least 1 year) in HR and accounting
- You enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you can plan and organize your work around specific goals
- You have the skills to implement administrative processes within a team, and value the structure and predictability they bring
- You can troubleshoot problems and offer ideas about viable solutions
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing company is a big plus
The post Administrative Assistant – HR at Moko Home and Living appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.