Administrative Clerk at UNDP
- Support to administrative and logistical services
- Support to human resources and procurement services
- Support overall operations of the Center
- Record all the GPC and PEA project reports (hard copy) and uploaded them (soft copy) in the Share Point
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the workshops/meetings, etc.
- Arrange travel, hotel reservation, processing of Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), visa requests, identity cards and other documents; purchase of tickets and creating travel requests;
- briefing/debriefing to the project team and the interns on issues relating to area of work; and training on the administrative procedures, as required.
- Follow up with both the GPC and PEA project teams to ensure completion of all the mandatory courses required.
- Full compliance of procurement activities, operations and financial processes with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Prepare the annual procurement plan and monitoring progress.
- Submit all procurement requests in the ROM portal for approval.
- Facilitate and provide timely support on the procurement process. This includes following up with the UNDP Kenya Country Office (KCO), evaluation panel and contract issuance and amendments.
- Prepare E-requisitions and contracts in and outside Atlas, create all (incl. recurring) Purchase orders (commitments) for contracting of goods and services, vendor creation, maintenance of the filing system under PEA and GC-RED. Purchase orders are created in a timely manner to ensure a correct financial reporting.
- Support on asset management.
- Support on internal control system which ensures that E-requisitions are duly prepared and approved. Purchase orders are closed in a timely manner to avoid affecting the dashboard.
- Update rosters for vendors and consultants.
- Provide timely administrative support to all the recruitment and contract management processes including drafting of standards ToRs, supporting internal coordination processes and drafting of internal notes, liaison on the publication of job adverts, administrative process for recruitment including reporting.
- Provide administrative support to the Centre Director and drafting of official communication, preparing minutes of the Policy and Programme Team meetings.
- Provide support to a visit by the BPPS colleagues
- Dealing with the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) or UNDP KCO
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant administrative, procurement and other project support experiences at national or international level
- Experience in web-based systems/ERP such as Atlas is highly desired
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other computerized applications
- Good writing and communication skills
- Previous work experience with UNDP or renowned international organizations is desired
- Knowledge of IPSAS is desirable
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
The post Administrative Clerk at UNDP appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.