Administrative Officer at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta.
Vacancy No: CGHR/144/07/20
This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases.
JOB GROUP KMR 6
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate Administrative Officers. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a Senior Administrative Officer.
- Ensuring assets are insured;
- Managing office transport system;
- Ensuring maintenance office equipment, facilities and assets;
- Generating reports on operations, maintenance and utilization.
- For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for one (1) year renewable as per KEMRI schemes of service. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
The post Administrative Officer at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.