Administrator Job in Kenya
ST.FRANCIS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
INVITES APPLICANTS THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
St. Francis Community Hospital
is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality
by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification, as part of our growth, exciting
vacancies have arisen, and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the
position of Hospital Administrator.
Reporting to the Chief
Executive Officer the job holder is responsible for providing efficient and
effective administrative support to facilitate efficient provision of medical
care in the Hospital.
Other Responsibilities of a
- Responsible for the daily operation of the
Hospital by ensuring that the staff, facilities, schedules and flow of
work is optimally carried out;
- Promotes and maintains effective public relations
with government, patients, relatives, suppliers, community and
- Responsible for developing and directing the
implementation of policies and programs in the Hospital;
- Acts as chief advisor to the CEO in development
and implementation of Hospital’s programs, policies and procedures;
- Ensures availability of transport (ambulances,
utility vehicle) in the hospital;
- Upkeep of Hospital infrastructure, equipment,
assets, vehicles, legal documents and ensuring availability when required;
- Ensure that the hospital runs efficiently and
delivers quality patient care.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress
- Coordinates the leasing and tenancy aspects of
staff houses and hospital buildings;
- Participates in the budgeting of the Hospital
activities with a view of achieving proper controls;
- Responsible for the supervision of all the
- Spearheads culture change to improve the Hospital
- Responsible for excellent upkeep of sanitation of
hospital for a clean and amiable environment;
- Incharge of the Transport, Maintenance and
Bio-medical engineering Units;
- Responsible for external and internal
- Spearhead the implementation of the Hospital
Strategic Plan 2021-2025;
- Oversees accurate and timely management the
hospital asset and inventory register;
- Develops and ensures implementation of the Service
contract agreements for all hospital machines and equipment etc;
- Secretary to the Hospital Management team and the
Hospital Advisory Board or any other senior management committees;;
- Ensures that, there is full compliance with the
existing statutory requirements/ regulations and that all the necessary
licenses are obtained in time;
- Resolve any conflicts that might arise from the
- Should stay up-to-date with healthcare
- Oversee quality improvement of processes for
efficient delivery of services in the hospital.
- Any other duties that maybe allocated by the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management,
Business Administration, Public Health, Nursing or any other relevant
field with valid Kenyan practicing license where applicable.
- Masters Degree in Healthcare Management, Hospital
Administration, Hospital Planning, Public Health, Health Economics, and
Business Administration from a recognized Institution will be an added
- Working experience of at least three (3) years at
senior managerial level in a busy, reputable faith based hospital
(preferably a hospital under KCCB umbrella) with demonstrated outstanding
professional competence and administrative ability in the management
of health services.
- The candidate Must be 45 years old and above
- Senior Management course lasting at least one (1)
month from a recognized institution.
- Professional training on Monitoring and Evaluation
or CPS (K) will be an added advantage.
- Certificate of proficiency in computer operations
from a recognized institution.
Competencies and Behavior
- Good knowledge of business functions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A team player.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer centric.
- A Devoted Christian
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, highly
organized and decisive.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Competency in performing multiple functional
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to
manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform
assigned duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
The following should be
presented on the day of the interview; Certificate of good conduct, tax
clearance, credit bureau clearance, HELB clearance, Ethics, and Anti-corruption
How to Apply
candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum
vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary
to [email protected] on or before 20th February