Advisory Unit Assistant Director at Commission on Administrative Justice
The Commission on Administrative Justice, more commonly known as (Office of the Ombudsman), is a constitutional commission established under Article 59(4) of the Constitution, and the Commission on Administrative Justice Act, 2011. The mandate of the Office of the Ombudsman is two-fold and extends to both national and county governments. Firstly, the Commission has the mandate of tackling maladministration (improper administration) in the public sector. In this regard, the Commission is empowered to, among other things, investigate complaints of delay, abuse of power, unfair treatment, manifest injustice or discourtesy. Secondly, the Commission has the mandate of overseeing and enforcing the implementation of the Access to Information Act, 2016.
Reporting To: Chairperson
Unit/Department: Advisory Unit
Job Grade: Caj 3
No. Of Posts: 1
Terms Of Employment: Permanent And Pensionable
The Assistant Director, Advisory Unit, will be responsible to the Commission on a day to
day basis in realising the technical and administrative functions of the Chair’s office.
- Prepare advisory opinions for the execution of the Commission’s mandate as directed by the Chairperson
- Process and coordinate hearing of appeals registered in the Chair’s office as directed by the Chairperson;
- Manage and coordinate both local and international partnership; such as Chair’s forum, National Council for Administrative Justice; African Ombudsman and Mediators Association (AOMA) among others as directed by the Chairperson
- Coordinate protocol and administrative arrangements for the Commission as directed by the Chairperson;
- Address ‘own motion’ complaints on issues of public interest
- Prepare on behalf of the Chairperson speeches, briefs and presentations on fair administration; access to information and other governance issues that relate to the mandate of the Commission
- Provide leadership and supervisory role in planning and coordinating of staff and the activities of the Chair’s office in liason with other departments.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chairperson from time to
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Have post admission experience of at least eight (8) years;
- Have served in the grade of Senior Legal Officer or in an equivalent position for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Post graduate diploma from Kenya School of Law
- Have Bachelor degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Law, Public Policy and Administration, or any related governance training from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in Corporate and/or Strategic Leadership/Management from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Be proficient in computer application skills;
- Have good analytical, drafting, research, writing, and presentation skills
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
The post Advisory Unit Assistant Director at Commission on Administrative Justice appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.