Multimedia Communication Officer Job, Communication Jobs February 2021,
Job Title: Multimedia Communication Officer
Job Location: Nairobi
The Multimedia Communication Officer will support implementation of our policy engagement and communications (PEC) strategy to raise AFIDEP’s profile and impact as a regional development research policy institute.
- Writing: Content creation and writing for print, web, and various digital platforms
- Design &Layout: Design, layout and production of technical and institutional publications and other material
- Multimedia: Originate ideas, develop scripts, visual/story boards and produce compelling, visually appealing multimedia content including videos, photos, photo-stories, podcasts, animations, infographics
- Online presence: Support management and maintain updated content on the AFIDEP website and other digital platforms including on all social media accounts
- Events: Plan and coordinate multimedia and media coverage of AFIDEP events
- Monitoring: Monitor traffic, engagement and use of AFIDEP content across various platforms
- A Masters’ Degree in Communications, Animation, Fine Art, Film, or other relevant
- Technical competency and experience in Design & Layout
- At least three years’ experience in research/development communications
- The candidate must demonstrate that they have experience and are proficient, creative and nimble in developing design concepts with a range of applications on the Adobe In-design suite. Other skills include:
- Technical: Demonstrable skills with CMS platforms for web content management; Videography and Photography; animation production skills a bonus
- Communications: Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with ability to convey technical arguments in clear and vivid prose
- Personality: Self-driven with excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
Terms of employment: The position is an initial contract of 2 years renewable depending on performance, relevance and availability of resources. AFIDEP is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
- Applications with cover letter and CV should be sent to [email protected] with “Application: Multimedia Communication Officer– AFIDEP” as email subject
- Deadline: 19 February 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.