Africa Business Editor (Senior Journalist Team Manager) at BBC
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service launched new business daily and weekly TV programming and innovative digital content in English, Swahili and French.
We are looking for a creative and motivated Business Editor to lead the Africa Business Unit for 12 months. You will need to have excellent knowledge of business affairs in Africa, global business, and a deep understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media business coverage as well as a real nose for original, creative journalism.
- To co-ordinate, plan, guide and inspire all business-related coverage across the Africa service and lead on major business news.
- To editorially lead TV and digital business coverage for Africa. Establish and develop strong working relationships with colleagues in the African service, Global News, BBC News, BBC Business and across language hubs.
- To deploy, lead, manage, train, recruit and develop the staff.
- To manage commissioning and production budgets successfully.
- To be a key point of liaison with BBC Business, particularly the Global Business News Editor and the Business Interactive team.
- To encourage original journalism and distinctive, innovative content and share it with the wider BBC.
- To work with Visual Journalism and production teams to develop compelling TV and digital formats.
- To develop a lively and engaged social media approach to business coverage working very closely with the languages digital teams.
- To ensure that the potential of business news is maximised in all African language output and developing new formats and styles.
Are you the right candidate?
- Excellent track record of delivering high impact, multiplatform business content for an African audience
- The ability to deliver editorial innovation and develop great digital and TV content and stimulate new thinking about business journalism
- Experience of leading and managing a team of journalists
- Experience of managing budgets and observing tight financial targets
- An understanding of major international business and how to maximise their potential
- Strong planning, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to co-ordinate and plan business coverage from major events
- Strong communication skills
The post Africa Business Editor (Senior Journalist Team Manager) at BBC appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.