May 11, 2016
- Front office operations – ensure all visitors are well received and attended to as well as ensuring the front office is kept clean and tidy.
- Switchboard operations – receive, make and direct calls as required as well ensure the switchboard is always operational and report any faults as required.
- Procurement – purchasing office stationery, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of the same.
- Logistical support – work with the logistics officer to ensure staff receive the necessary support in planning field/business trips. This includes making flight and hotel reservations as well as process visa applications as required.
- Facilitate courier services for out-going mail/parcels and ensure efficient tracking.
- Work with the Logistics Officer on tracking and final clearance of incoming parcels/mail.
- Ensure timely payment of bills -Telephone, travel, stationery, taxi and courier.
- Work with the Office Assistant to co-ordinate the use of meeting rooms and organize provision of catering services as requested.
- Ensure proper upkeep of office equipment and ensure timely service and reorder of supplies.
- Deal with vendors for office services, including stationery, telephone, courier, taxi
- Maintain staff absence log and communicate the staff absence to other staff
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- Certificate in Customer Service/Front Office operations is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an international NGO set-up or busy working environment)
- Basic Financial/ Accounting experience would be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
- Strong grasp of MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Team oriented, flexible and adaptable, with positive attitude and strong work ethic
E-mail your application to [email protected]
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.