Africa’s Voices Group Facilitator ( Bukusu) NGO Kenya Jobs
Position Title: Bukusu Speaking Listening Group Facilitator (2 positions)
Position Type: Consultancy contract
Duration: 2 months
Application deadline: 4th February 2021, 5.00 pm, East Africa Time (EAT)
Location: Bungoma County, Kenya
Languages: Bukusu and English
Daily Rate: USD 30 per day (7.5 hours per day)
Start Date: March 2021
AVF is a fast-growing organisation, capitalizing on interactive media and digital communications to curate and spark engaging discussions that convene citizens’ voices as evidence and elevate them to the level of decision-making.
Spun out of cutting-edge research at the University of Cambridge in 2015, we have an established presence in East Africa and beyond with a vibrant growing core team in Nairobi. Our clients include UNDP, UNICEF, the European Union, ICRAF, Somalia Stability Fund, and the MasterCard Foundation. To read more about AVF click here.
- Guide and control the group discussion to ensure that:
- There is effective participation.
- Participants achieve a mutual understanding.
- Their contributions are considered and included in the ideas, solutions or decisions that emerge.
- Participants take shared responsibility for the outcome.
- Mobilize weekly listening group participants using the AVF set criteria
- Identify venues for listening groups to take place
- Implement listening groups during radio shows, once a week for seven weeks
- Document attendance at listening groups i.e. sign attendance lists and take photos of the lists for accounting purposes.
- Ensure listening group participants receive their snacks and transport and sign to that effect
- Capture all the additional data as required by AVF in the data sheet provided for each listening group
- Perform any other related project tasks as guided by the
- Diploma or Undergraduate degree in a relevant social science discipline (such as sociology, political science, international development, public health, social psychology)
- Understand the desired outcome, and the background and context of the Listening Group discussions
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and actively, seeking to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- Proven ability to perform tasks for tight deadlines and under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bukusu
- Experience in designing and planning discussions, and selecting tools that best help the group’s progress towards that outcome
- Experience in conducting follow up to ensure that outcomes, actions and questions are properly recorded and actioned, and appropriately dealt with afterwards
- Experience in survey/questionnaire design