Agribusiness Advisor at Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa works at grassroots level in rural Africa, tackling poverty, supporting food production, enterprise development, and improving the lives of local communities. In Ireland the organisation trades as ‘Gorta-Self Help Africa.’
Lead Self Help Africa’s strategy on agribusiness growth opportunities for smallholder farmers, their associations and cooperatives.
As Agribusiness Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Being part of a team which wins new business and funding to support agribusiness development.
- Supporting programme design and facilitating new multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Advising, training and supporting programme staff and partners on evolving good practice in promoting an agribusiness approach with smallholders.
- Participating in forums on market engagement and value chains to collect and share best practices and promote SHA’s work.
- Experience and Education: 10 years’ experience working in the agribusiness sector in Africa. Primary degree (minimum) in agriculture, cooperative management, social enterprise, finance, business, economics or a related discipline.
The ideal candidate will have significant proven commercial experience with a solid understanding of key development development issues.
The post Agribusiness Advisor at Self Help Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.