The International Potato Center, known by its Spanish acronym CIP, was founded in 1971 as a root and tuber research-for-development institution delivering sustainable solutions to the pressing world problems of hunger, poverty, and the degradation of natural resources. CIP is truly a global center, with headquarters in Lima, Peru and offices in 20 developing countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Working closely with our partners, CIP seeks to achieve food security, increased well-being, and gender equity for poor people in the developing world. CIP furthers its mission through rigorous research, innovation in science and technology, and capacity strengthening regarding root and tuber farming and food systems. CIP is part of the CGIAR Consortium, a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. Donors include individual countries, major foundations, and international entities.
The Intern will work in collaboration with public and private sector, input dealers, vegetable, root and tubers traders, CIP’s scientists to assist designing and implementing a primary survey in project target regions of Kenya to understand how and to what extent the existing digital platforms developed by several private companies or supported by donors have contributed and are still contributing to maintaining agri-food chains functional and securing the livelihoods of associated value chain actors in Kenya during COVID 19 pandemic. He/She will report directly to the Agricultural Economist, CIP-Kampala, Uganda.
- Assist/contribute research design and protocol for developing research tools and econometric framework.
- Assist project research team to conduct a stakeholder workshop.
- Assist project research team for developing research tools, conducting field surveys and collecting data.
- Assist project research team for cleaning data and conducting analysis.
- Develop a research protocol for MSc thesis and present to the research committee at the university.
- Present results from the thesis objectives to the research team.
- Prepare a policy brief from the thesis objectives.
- Currently pursuing Masters in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a focus on details.
- Excellent skills on handling STATA, ODK, CTO Survey and Microsoft Office.
- Flexible interpersonal and teamwork skills.
The post Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness – Intern at International Potato Center appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.