Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness – Intern
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness intern.
The Position: The Intern will work in collaboration with public and private sector, input dealers, vegetable, root and tubers traders, CIP’s scientists to assist designing and implementing a primary survey in project target regions of Kenya to understand how and to what extent the existing digital platforms developed by several private companies or supported by donors have contributed and are still contributing to maintaining agri-food chains functional and securing the livelihoods of associated value chain actors in Kenya during COVID 19 pandemic. He/She will report directly to the Agricultural Economist, CIP-Kampala, Uganda.
- Assist/contribute research design and protocol for developing research tools and econometric framework.
- Assist project research team to conduct a stakeholder workshop.
- Assist project research team for developing research tools, conducting field surveys and collecting data.
- Assist project research team for cleaning data and conducting analysis.
- Develop a research protocol for MSc thesis and present to the research committee at the university.
- Present results from the thesis objectives to the research team.
- Prepare a policy brief from the thesis objectives.
- Currently pursuing Masters in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a focus on details.
- Excellent skills on handling STATA, ODK, CTO Survey and Microsoft Office.
- Flexible interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is an internship position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The internship will be for a period of six months.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/internships/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on June 14, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.