Agricultural Officer | ReliefWeb
Title:** Agricultural Officer
Location:** Country Office
Reporting Relationship:** Project Manager – Agriculture, Dairy and Economic Development Project
The purpose of the position of Agricultural Officer (AO) is to plan and implement the technical aspects related to Moringa production within the project. She/he will be required to ensure effective Moringa management and production, processing techniques and technologies to assist smallholder Moringa crop farmers improve their production and productivity. The AO will work closely with a wide range of service providers at the local level such as agriculture extensions to ensure critical services are provided to smallholder crop farmers while working with County and Sub-County level stakeholders such as Sub-County Agriculture Development Office and other private and public extension agents to design and implement extension services.
- In coordination with Project Manager, of Emali Dedicated Children Agency and other partners, the AO will implement technical activities which includes partnering with Government line agencies, local service providers and other key actors to provide capacity building trainings to smallholder farmers, local farmer groups, related CBOs, local cooperatives, aggregation centres and private sector Moringa processing firms to ensure increased crop production, productivity, quality and prices benefiting smallholder crop farmers.
- Ensure effective implementation of approved and planned support activities and strategies at the project sites on time and provide technical support.
- Provide technical support and supervision to Community Mobilizers including capacity building trainings, coaching, mentoring and monitoring
- Support the Project Manager in developing and preparing monitoring plans and ensure that activities are in line with achieving expected outputs
- Maintain coordination and linkage with various stakeholders at sub-county and project level
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document.
- Travel frequently to project areas and mobilize related stakeholders and beneficiary communities as per the project activities
- Submit field visit reports, monthly, quarterly project review reports, and technical progress reports to Project Manager on time and as required by the project.
- And any other role allocated by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in crop Science, Agronomy or related field with three years of experience in similar capacity
- Proven experience, skills and knowledge and preferred experience on crop management, processing technologies and agriculture extension services.
- High level of analytical skills in planning, finance and project implementation
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing, demonstrated inter-personal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and independently complete assigned tasks (written or verbal).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include early mornings, weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidence.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to [email protected] to reach us not later than Friday, 10th January 2020;
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 14038-00800,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Beware of scams – ChildFund Kenya does not ask for payment at any point during our recruitment process.