AKDN Program Coordinator NGO Kenya Jobs
AKDN Eastern Africa COVID19 Response Partnership
Opportunity to work with a dynamic team
Are you a dynamic, pragmatic, and outgoing personality, able to think on your feet as you analyse complex situations on the fly, and looking for an exciting opportunity? Are you cut out to nurture a team of multiple implementing partners, engaged in diverse interventions, across Kenya, targeting the most marginalised communities? If yes, then apply for this position at Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa (AKF EA) to be based in Nairobi with frequent field travel to the Coast and Western Regions of Kenya (25% travel). This position reports to the Programme Manager of the COVID19 Response Programme and collaborates with the Yetu Initiative Programme team, technical advisors, programme specialists, and consultants.
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation has been partnering with communities, governments, and the private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, evaluation, and learning.
About the programme
The programme will be implemented across four countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Mozambique. This role will focus on the Kenya component of the programme. The overall objective is to improve systemic, gender-sensitive responses to overcome health, economic and social vulnerabilities caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in Eastern Africa through diverse interventions with a direct target reach of 140,000 individuals (60% female), and 604,000 indirectly.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for:
- quality programme implementation and reporting in Kenya including the delivery of activities on time and budget.
- coordination, liaison, and collaboration with key local stakeholders in Kenya during the implementation of the programme.
- preparation and submission of the programme work plans, activity reports, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual narrative report in Kenya.
- technical support of implementation partners in project implementation including work planning, roll out activities and ascertaining the quality of delivery of activities and results.
- coordinate quarterly and annual review meetings with implementing partners in Kenya.
- collaboration with the M&E coordinator in programme routine monitoring and evaluation, and review of evaluation reports, a compilation of human-interest stories.
- integration of gender equality and social inclusion in all aspects of programme implementation and management.
- participate in the Programme Management Unit (PMU) review meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a post-graduate degree at Master Level, preferably in Development Studies, Project Management, Social Studies, or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience preferably in Kenya.
- Successfully coordinated complex projects in civil society, health, economic inclusion, and gender equality sectors.
- Demonstrated analytical, organisational, convening, interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills,
- Expert capacity in written and verbal skills in English with the ability to write high-quality reports for donor projects and analytical briefs. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an added advantage,
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking and public presentations in local community meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies and logical frameworks.
- h. Strong familiarity in working using online and digital technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to remotely work, lead, and motivate a large and diverse team of staff, individual experts, and partners.
- Understanding of community mobilization, project management, strategic planning, data gathering and analysis, and communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other valuable presentation platforms.