Neurophysiology Technologist Job, Medical Jobs 2021,
Consulting Clinics- Department of Medicine
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Section Head-Neurophysiology Services.
- Independently carry out, analyze and report EEG procedures/test.
- Independently carry out Nerve Conduction Tests (NCV).
- Assist the Neurologist in performing electromyography test (EMG tests);
- Calibrate EEG and Nerve conduction machine and ensure smooth function of neurophysiology machines.
- Care for equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of nonfunctional equipment to the nurse manager
- Participate in unit based quality and patient safety activities such as quality improvement projects (CQI), development of policies, procedures, audits and spot checks;
- Participate in data collection and monitoring of unit based quality and performance indicators such as patient volumes, turnaround times and no show rates.
- Alert the neurophysiology Coordinator about dissatisfied clients, incidences and any other unusual occurrences.
- Assist neurophysiology coordinator in research and continuous education to ensure standard growth of the Neurophysiology department.
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies.
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of ward stocks and consumables
- Diploma in Neurophysiology Technology from a recognized Training Institution
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience from a busy Neurophysiology Department in a recognized Institution
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in Neurophysiology
How to Apply