AMI Learning Designer Job Vacancies In Kenya 2021
Job Title : Instructional/Learning Designer
Work Location : Nairobi
AMI is looking for an experienced Instructional/Learning Designer for our programmes to join the Learning Team and work closely with the Partnerships teams to build online learning programmes that work for our growing group of African and global clients. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning and technology to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in delivering engaging and impactful online learning and training design.
The Instructional/Learning Designer will focus on Leadership and SME development programmes across Africa –providing consultation within the broader learning team, taking design initiative on all aspects of programme and learning experience design, workshop and content development.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Learning (or alternate) as part of a dynamic international team.
Employment Status : Full-time , 6-month Term Contract
- Design and develop learning materials in accordance with established design models for instructor and virtual instructor-led training, multimedia, video, and other learning-related materials
- Design engaging learning experiences – focused on motivating and encouraging participants throughout the learning programme. Support the analysis of learning data to adapt strategies throughout programme implementation
- Consult with other instructional/learning designers, project partners, or subject matter experts regarding learning strategies, blended design, and business requirements that impact the learning needs and learning solutions initiatives
- Conduct analyses of target audience, training requirements, and media requirements
- Design training materials and assessments in adherence to brand standards
- Test training materials to ensure their quality. Adapt as necessary given feedback from implementation
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory and how to apply these theories in the design of learning experiences
- Recent experience designing instruction for leaders including the design of multimedia training, digital training materials, experiential workshops, and related documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills . Ability to edit and perform quality assurance (QA) on your own work
- Understanding of agile methodology and ability to handle multiple priorities in a very fluid working environment
- High proficiency and productivity in G Suite tools, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, etc.
- Exhibit solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external interaction in a variety of modes including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication.
- Ability to work on your own and with diverse teams
- Work well with people. Culturally adept. Ability to communicate effectively across different levels, with local and international teams and stakeholders
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
- 5+ years of related instructional design and development experience (essential)
- Design-build, Instructional Design, Instructional Training, E-learning
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or skills development environment (essential)
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- AMI will consider candidates from any country, but preference will be given to African nationals. Candidates must be willing to live in Africa, Nairobi preferred, and free to travel across Africa.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
How to apply