Ankole Grill Food & Beverage Controller Kenya Jobs February
Food & Beverage Controller Job, Finance Jobs 2021
Vacancy: Food & Beverage Controller
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
The Food & Beverage Controller will be responsible for calculating, managing trading margins for the F&B (Food& Beverage) and generating accounting / control reports for effective decision making. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the General Manager, Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager, Lead Food & Beverage Controller and the Management Accountant to continuously build and sustain an effective Cost of Goods model, and control systems within the value chain to ensure the processes are within the operating budgets. n.
- Prepare,generate on a monthly basis reports for distribution to the Management Accountant and concerned Heads of
- Participatein planning daily salvage, control and usage of usable left over food items.
- Continuouslyreview and furnish current portion cost information to the General Manager, Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef, so that they can adequately price
- Monitorcost control for staff meals and calculate the cost of employees’ meals each month
- Takes regular bar stocks and produce bar stock take
- Maintain a perpetual inventory of the beverage store
- Maintaindaily records of cost, potential sales and actual sales, investigate any significant variances.
- Costrequisitions and direct issues on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to produce a Daily Food Cost Report and Beverage Cost
- Analyzeactual cost vs budget and share the red flags on the variances for effective decision
- Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory, stock control and thepricing of good
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all costs, prices and ensuring all the cost / prices measurementcontrols are within budget and advice of any
- Responsible for ensuring optimal inventory holding and ensures the SLOBs(Slow Moving Obsolete) inventory cost is at minimum and no carrying forward of obsolete and expired
- Responsiblefor inventory reconciliation e. physical stock with the stock in the system and advising management on the root cause of deviations (if any).
- Toundertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated process
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Makeperiodical checks on the value of the restaurant food as compared to posted food totals including carry out spot checks on bin
- File food and beverage reports; review trading margins and performance reports daily, weekly and monthly with
- Ensures that monthly inventory of food, beverage, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cleaningmaterials, re-saleable, empties, linen, stationery, and disposable is taken and
- Preparation of data for presentation in the finance
- 3years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting /Commerce
- Working knowledge of financial principles & F&Bcontrols
- Workingknowledge of Inventory & POS Systems – Micros Fidelio / Materials Controls is preferable
- Administration and leading high effectiveteams
- Goodcomputer skills: MS Excel, MS Receiving Software, Inventory system QuickBooks & Micros POS
- Hospitality certification is aplus,
- HACCP and hygienetraining
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming
- Customerservice oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing
- Well-organized anddetail-oriented.
- Strong safety and hygieneawareness
How to apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 28th February 2021.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.