Night Steward Job, Latest Hotel Jobs
Vacancy: Night Steward
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Salary: KES 24,000 Monthly
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience! We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
The Steward will maintain the cleanliness of all the Food & Beverage production areas, handle the ware washing, cleaning and sanitizing all the kitchen equipment and utensils and maintain the cleanliness of all the food stores in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine.
- Cares for all the operating equipment at the wash up area.
- Checks and ensures that the wash-up area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Wash Checks and ensures that the wash-up is kept clean and tidy at all times and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives and equipment.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals to clean dishes.
- Controls the utilization and proper use of cleaning agents/ materials.
- Ensures that proper hygiene is maintained at the wash-up by ensuring the use of correct cleaning materials for various equipment.
- Ensures that there is adequate cleaned and wiped cutlery, crockery and other service equipment at all times during service.
- Ensures that all food production areas, and stores are kept in very clean conditions. Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue. Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware.
- Empty and maintain trash cans and dumpster area. Clean and mop all areas in assigned department.
- In addition to the above, the steward may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 4 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience. Hospitality certification is a plus.
- HACCP and hygiene training.
- Ability to operate dishwashing machines.
- Good working knowledge of detergents. Understanding of food safety practices.
- Able to work under pressure and long hours.
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality. Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness.
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
How to apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.