Assistant Manager Job, Latest Insurance Jobs Kenya,
ASSISTANT MANAGER MICRO INSURANCE BUSINESS PORTFOLIO
- Company: APA Insurance
- Location: Nairobi
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Job Id: ErNO5KNfzj
- Date added: 30-Jun-2021
- Deadline: 07-Jul-2021
Partnerships & Internal Stakeholder Management (Strategy Alignment Pillar: Achievement)
- Building and strengthening business relationships with existing and prospective clients to achieve performance targets.
- Liaising and negotiating terms with specialists and other service providers such as veterinary doctors, agronomists, and research institutions, technology providers for risk assessment, risk analysis, and overall business management.
- Track and record activity on accounts and assist in closing deals to meet these targets, ensure collection of outstanding premium in line with credit control policy and actively manage the claims experience.
- Supervising Assistant Business Developers to meet the set annual sales targets.
- Ensure effective management with internal stakeholders from group (APAI, APAL & AAMC) and supporting teams (Finance, Claims, Re-Insurance, Actuaries and Product Team, HR, Marketing, Risk, Legal & Compliance, Customer Experience and Innovation, ICT & Digital)
Brand & Marketing Management (Strategy Alignment Pillar: Growth)
- Engage with capacity building institutions, such as micro insurance network, and other key bodies to build and development APA partnerships and brand
- Continuous engagement with marketing team for brand exposure initiatives, claims pay out celebrations and PR opportunities for advocating micro insurance
- Engage in field activities to ensure consumer awareness, education as key business driver
Product Development & Management (Strategy Alignment Pillar: Growth)
- Managing the business portfolio through prudent underwriting in order to achieve the targeted business mix and claims ratio.
- Ensure the implementation and adherence to underwriting service standards and manuals in line with the customer service charter.
- Propose and design new product solutions with strategic product development partners, and re-insurance partners
Customer Focus (Strategy Alignment Pillar: Growth)
- Achieving departmental service standards in processing, approval and release of crucial documents’ within set Turn Around times.
- Cross sell other micro insurance products through product bundling
- Conducting market research and exploring blue ocean opportunities, presented by the market to develop innovative micro insurance products and solutions that meet customer needs through human centred design thinking.
- Develop customer engagement strategy, and focus on customer needs and solutions that address customer pain points
Innovative Thinking (Strategy Alignment Pillar: Transformation)
- Ability to pilot new product solutions for emerging consumers to enable scale
- Use of technology to improve risk analysis, customer data, pricing and cost reduction to improve profitability and customer experience
- Assist in developing and executing the micro insurance business plan, through innovative approach
- Explore and implement new alternative distribution channels
- In liaison with the HOD, attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and alternative distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Attend training to ensure skills development
- Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce(Insurance/Business Administration/Entrepreneurship) or BSc Agribusiness Management
- Interpersonal, effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven team player and client relationship management skills
- Customer Centricity Skills
- Micro insurance expert
- Strategy execution and entrepreneurial thinker
- Product design and training skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Diploma in Insurance
- Member of a relevant professional body
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience with experience in dealing with micro insurance products targeting emerging consumers
- Track record of applying human centred design thinking/customer centricity frameworks
How to Apply
Send an email to [email protected]