APHRC Multimedia & Communications Internship
Multimedia & Communications Internship, Communication Kenyan Jobs 2021, Current Internship Vacancies,
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY – MULTIMEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks a Multimedia and Communications Intern to join its Visibility Unit — the team responsible for corporate communications at the Center. Under the mentorship of the Visibility Unit manager, the successful candidate will support the enhancement of the organization’s visual identity through the development of innovative multimedia assets for our website, social media platforms and print products.
- Support production of video content for the website and social media platforms (pre-production, recording, and editing);
- Designing posters, flyers and infographics;
- Updating content on APHRC’s website;
- Manage digital archive and maintain an organized file-management system of images and video clips; and
- Assist with production of weekly e-newsletter.
Qualifications and competencies:
- At an advanced stage of their degree program in Communications, Journalism, Film Production, Public Relations or any other related field. Diploma level candidates will also be considered.
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Suite (particularly Premiere Pro, InDesign/ illustrator) or an equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design, video production and photography.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- Creative, resourceful and eager to learn.
The successful candidate will be engaged full time (40 hours/ week) for a period of 5 months. They should be comfortable working remotely for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application and include:
- 1- page cover letter;
- 1-page resume;
- Official/unofficial transcripts; and
- Two samples of projects worked on relevant to the role
via email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Multimedia and Communications Intern’ by August 26, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.