Application Support Analyst Job. Alternate Doors
Our Client in the ICT industry is currently looking to hire an Application Support Analyst.
Business Purpose / Objective
Administration, maintenance and Tier II line support for the Group enterprise systems. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications.
Reinforce quality standards and adherence to business best practice, adding value to business processes and significantly contributing to the operational excellence.
Ensures that all service level agreements (SLAs) for applications support services across the organisation are delivered according to specifications.
- Provide first line and second line support and maintenance services to all enterprise systems. Escalates and sources expertise when necessary.
- Proactive monitoring of various production systems for performance, availability, and other critical parameters
- Ensure adequate monitoring systems that provide timely, accurate, real-time, and historical data on performance and other critical parameters
- Maintenance and administration of the Group enterprise system
- Ensure the enterprise systems is adequately sized to meet SLA’s with the business
- Define and monitor data and application availability for the enterprise system
- Document and update processes and procedures in use for the enterprise system
- Providing and monitoring SLAs and OLAs
- Adequate communication to stakeholders on the state of any tickets assigned
- Follow up and reporting on tickets escalated to third line support
- Testing new system functionality before deployment into production environments
- Test the achievement of supportability requirements for delivered solutions
- Approvals for acceptance tests
- Degree in I.T
- Min 2 – 4 years in a similar position
- Knowledge of insurance business and/or asset management will be an added advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Working knowledge of help desk software
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Ability to escalate problems to the appropriate IT group for resolution
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
Customer service orientation problem analysis problem-solving adaptability team interaction planning and organizing attention to detail
How to Apply
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to email@example.com with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.