Aquaculture Cage Production Manager at Victory Farms
- Company: Victory Farms
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
Location: 100% Farm (Farm based in rural area in Homa Bay County, Kenya)
Annual bonus: 0 – 30% of gross basic
We are a rapidly growing organisation and as such are seeking to recruit highly experienced, qualified and motivated individuals who are capable of immediately having a positive impact, helping us to achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will have obtained a university degree (or equivalent in work experience). They will have 5+ years’ experience working in commercial aquaculture.
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in cage aquaculture in large-scale production systems, including cage and mooring installation, fish handling, grading, harvesting and feeding.
- Strong knowledge of fish biology, nutrition and water quality, as well as animal health and pathology.
- Strong logistical and operational mindset
- Experience of establishing and implementing protocols and SOPs.
- Able to lead large teams (6-8 direct reports, overall responsibility for >100 people) in multiple work streams, including technical and logistics-intensive activities.
- Efficient in multi-tasking and accomplishing range of projects on schedule.
- Strong teamwork and ability to function well in groups, including strong communication skills.
- Desire to learn and progress within the organization.
- Efficiency focussed, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Incredibly diligent and able to follow projects through to completion.
- Dedicated to excellence and detail-oriented execution.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate would have experience in using Aqua Manager or similar fish management software, be a competent swimmer and scuba diver and experienced in handling small boats. Also, specific knowledge and experience with tilapia would be advantageous.
Ideally, the candidate will also have experience of working in a rural environment within a developing country. In cases without developing country experience, candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness and desire to relocate to Kenya.
In addition to the daily workload within the production department, we expect the Production Manager to assist in supporting and creating processes within other departments.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to [email protected]