Area Sales Manager at Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL)
Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of wines and spirits in Kenya , Eastern and Central Africa region.
Reference # HR/COM/ASM 2021
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring sales targets for the assigned territory are achieved effectively and efficiently, managing marketing activities within the territory and resolve as well as attend to customer queries and complaints.
Industries Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)
Area 1: Trade development
- Ensure the territory achieves given sales targets (Volume and Value) through hands on management of given accounts/ territory in line with the sales and distribution plans.
- Ensure call compliance, strike rate targets and outlet expansion is exceeded in the given territory as per SFA targets
- Ensure adequate product listings and product visibility in outlets and monitoring brand trade performance through client call cycle schedules
- Oversee the execution of the merchandising and promotional activities as per approved plans in their assigned territory.
- Create value adding marketing/ business relationships, within the territory clients by resolving customer concerns and feedback.
- Collect information on market intelligence, analyze market competition within the territory and prepare reports on market trends, competitor to support decision making.
Area 2: Team management
- Supervise, motivate and develop the territory sales representatives assigned in their areas to ensure maximum returns for the business.
- Regularly oversee the Territory Sales Representative visits to outlets to ensure that the 4A`s(Availability, Accessibility, Affordability and Activation) are being applied and address any skills gaps.
Area 3: Distributor Management
- Work in collaboration with the distributors and the Territory Sales Representatives to ensure stockiest and retail outlets in assigned territory are fully serviced as per agreed SLA`s.
Area 4: Budget Management
Assist any KWAL regional budgeting activity assigned and drawing up of budgets for market activity recommendation.
- Bachelor degree in a business related field.
- A Master’s Degree a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years in sales and distribution within the FMCG Industry.
- Working knowledge in the respective area will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean and valid driving license.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- Customer Operations Management; Ability to Manage distributor RTM operations in General trade, Key Accounts and HORECA outlet operations by supplying the right products to the right market.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Ability to manage relationships with customers, consumers, Government bodies and authorities. Has an Understanding of the impact of customer perception and attitude on overall level of customer satisfaction affect long-term customer loyalty.
- Sales Management: Possesses selling, negotiation, prospecting, merchandising and process innovations skills. Understands the process of completing a sale in response to an acquisition, appropriation, requisition, or a direct interaction with the buyer at the point of sale.
- Trade Marketing:Ability to ensure consistent supply and availability of the product to the end consumer. Able to conceptualize, run activation initiatives and enhance innovation on initiatives.
- Revenue Management: Experience in managing profitable portfolio mix, ROI of initiatives as well as distributor/customer profitability. Must be able to apply analytics that predict consumer behavior at the market levels and optimize product availability and price to maximize revenue growth.
- Brand Knowledge: Exemplary understanding the all brands, target consumer, where the brands plays vs. competitor brands/positioning competitor activities. Able to educate and enhance customers /consumer understands and recall of the brand and its products.
- Commercial Awareness:Adeptness of the trading environment, micro and macro-economic factors, tax regimes and implications, competitor activities. Has the ability to keeps abreast with new and developing trends around the commercial business space.
- Reporting and presentation: proficiency in reporting routines, what to report and how, feedback sharing and communication, sharing/showcasing best practices and initiatives, ability to present self and sell the brand/company image
The post Area Sales Manager at Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.