Assistant Consumer Market Insights Growth Manager at Unilever
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This role entails work focused on 2 key distinct job aspects – CMI & NRM, with the output being identifying and assessing relevant growth opportunities for UL East Africa from a geography, category, channel & revenue perspective.
The job relies on working with the team using analytical abilities to deep dive into data from multiple sources to come up with relevant growth opportunities. The job also entails working with the Country Leadership Teams & the CCBTs to instill a culture of data & insight driven action and provoke action around the growth opportunities.
The person will be part of the CMI Growth team and report into the CMI Growth Manager, East Africa.
The CMI vision is to inspire, provoke and drive transformation action. In this role, you will contribute to delivering the CMI vision by assisting the Africa CMI team to partner the East Africa LT and help deliver the EA strategy (as part of the broader Africa strategy).
You will provide support to key marketing and CD business partners and leaderships, mainly in proactively identifying growth opportunities. The role is not only about ensuring the EA business has the right data to grow – but more importantly it is about turning this data into insights and actions that will drive strong growth. This will include strategic understanding of Markets, Categories, Customers and Channels at the regional level.
NRM is a key growth pillar for Unilever by identifying and unlocking revenue opportunities using different pillars. The job entails working closely with the global NRM team to unlock NRM led growth opportunities for East Africa based on the NRM calendar for EA.
- Support the CMI Growth Manager to deliver a holistic insight & growth plan
- Provide deep, proactive locally relevant insights & trends to power growth of the business, as well as enable trend-led innovation and strategy powered by data.
- Provide support to local CCBTs; going beyond performance management input, to partnering to drive growth by division.
- Pricing and promotional insights though ongoing insight via NRM
- Integration of Division and Country Insights in CCBT’s, CLT’s, and CDLT
- Identifying and landing cross country, cross category strategic research to shape the strategy and drive growth. For example: Retail and Channel trade and opportunities, de-averaged demographic/economic/geographic opportunities, distribution opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with CMI COEs to tap into the wealth of specialist capabilities within CMI as well as our partner agencies to maximise the impact from these specialist teams.
- Bring power of Advanced Analytics COE to power NRM/pricing as well as inputs for dynamic resource allocation (DRA) decisions.
- Partner with CMI Content and Connect COEs to transform how we “Connect” with consumers based on relevant “Content” based on deep understanding on Consumer Journeys and Path to Purchase
- Help to run consumer connection programmes to ensure that EA keeps the consumer at the heart of everything it does.
- Confidence and comfort in working with data / numbers and being analytically sound
- 2+ yrs. of relevant work-experience: one or more of: Marketing, Finance, Analytics, CD
- Confidence in working with Business Partners and solving problems.
- Creative problem solving & ability to deploy pragmatic & innovative solutions.
- Work autonomously & make decisions independently.
- Work collaboratively – ability to orchestrate regional and cross-category level work; as well as deliver in partnership with agencies.
- Leadership: delivering strategy; driving growth through people; influencing skills; motivating others
- Strong organizational awareness & good business acumen
The post Assistant Consumer Market Insights Growth Manager at Unilever appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.