Assistant Director, Administration Services / Deputy Sub-County Administrator at Nyeri County
Nyeri County is a county in the old Central Province of Kenya. Its headquarters are in Nyeri town. Home to 6 constituencies 1. Tetu Constituency 2. Kieni Constituency 3. Mathira Constituency 4. Othaya Constituency 5. Mukurweini Constituency 6. Nyeri Town Constituency
Job Group “P”- 4 Posts
The holders will report to the Director Administrative Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing service delivery in the area of jurisdiction
- Developing programs and projects to empower the community.
- Coordinating and facilitating citizen participation in the development of policy plans and delivery of services.
- Facilitating inter-governmental relations and conflict resolutions.
- Overseeing safe custody of county Government assets in the area of jurisdictions.
- Coordinating and liaising with other directorates and departments in the area ofjurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance with legal statutory and regulatory requirements in the area of jurisdiction.
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholders to organize public fora on development and review of policies, strategies and guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with national values and principles of good governance and enhancing administrative capacity effective functions and governance at the local level.
- Identifying development projects.
- Disseminating information to the public.
- Providing linkage between the office and the community.
- Submitting of periodic reports to the immediate supervisor
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
Requirements for appointment
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Minimum nine (9) years’ professional experience in administration in the public or private sector, five (5) of which should be in senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Business Administration, Community Development or any other Social Science from a recognized institution in Kenya,
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Terms of service
Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits
Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The post Assistant Director, Administration Services / Deputy Sub-County Administrator at Nyeri County appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.