Assistant ECDE Teacher (72 Positions) at Nakuru County Public Service Board
The history of Nakuru County is colorful and splendid. The county’s rich history is joined at the hip with that of the entire nation. When the Kenya-Uganda railway line was constructed, although heavily criticized as the Lunatic Express or a road to nowhere, it had a profound impact on the creation of the nation today known as Kenya. As the nation grew, Nakuru Town also developed out of the activities of the railroad as it was one of the major stopovers that encouraged the growth of business centers along the railway from Mombasa en route for Kisumu. Nakuru County was among the area that was annexed as white highlands, where many colonialists chose to settle.
No of Positions: 72
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.22,270 – Ksh.30,020 p.m (Job Group ‘G’ / Grade: CPSB 12)
Allowances as per the SRC circulars attached to the position Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade D+ (Plus) or KCE division IV at ‘O’ Level;
- Have a Certificate in Early Childhood Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent; OR,
- Have a Proficiency Certificate in Early Childhood Development and Education offered by KNEC; and,
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Conduct classroom lessons;
- Role modelling, guidance and counselling, mentoring and motivation of the learners;
- Preparing reports;
- Ensuring the safety and security of the learners;
- Assist in designing, organizing and facilitating play/learning activities;
- Caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental, physical, aesthetic and emotional growth of the learners (holistic development);
- Managing ECDE classes and keeping professional and administrative records (schemes of work, lesson plans, daily programme of activities, attendance registers and mark books).
The post Assistant ECDE Teacher (72 Positions) at Nakuru County Public Service Board appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.