Assistant Land Surveyor Job KENHA 2020
Assistant Land Surveyor Jobs, Other Professions, KENHA Jobs
The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain national roads.
In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority wishes to fill the following vacant positions with creative, proactive, visionary and tenacious Kenyan citizens with the ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic work environment.
ASSISTANT LAND SURVEYOR, KeNHA GRADE 8 – (Ref. No. KeNHA/ASST.LS/005/ 2020)
The job holder shall be responsible for performing survey and mapping roles in the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail:-
- Carrying out and reporting of survey operations and observations ;
- Undertaking survey engineering survey for Road Projects;
- Conducting traversing and tachometry;
- Conducting survey work from aerial photographs;
- Identifying and establishment of photo control points;
- Conducting Geodetic leveling;
- Observing of level lines and maintenance of geodetic instruments;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Land Survey or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Technician membership with the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK), (Land Surveyors Chapter);
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants living with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The terms of appointment for the positions of Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management shall be for a Three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The terms of service for the positions of Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector shall be Permanent and Pensionable.
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 6th July, 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for all positions should be addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director Generals Office) OR Emailed to [email protected]
Applications for Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector (Roads) positions clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the Human Resource Management Office) OR Emailed to [email protected].
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.