Assistant Manager – Alternative Dispute Resolution at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
- The purpose of this role is to participate in the implementation of Dispute Management and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Initiatives and other activities in the Division.
Tasks and outputs:
- Participate in the implementation of Dispute Resolution Management initiatives including Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives;
- Participate in Case Review Forum;
- Review cases for ADR suitability/unsuitability;
- Participate in preparing and reviewing of Comprehensive Information Packs (CIP) for facilitators;
- Participate in sensitization of stakeholders on ADR strategies employed by KRA;
- Review ADR settlement agreements;
- Review/ prepare technical and other reports for CTDR;
- Prepare strategic and operational reports
- Prepare sector specific issues arising out of ADR meetings;
- Assist to maintain updated reports and database for disputes handled at ADR;
- Monitoring of general performance targets for the Division;
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCom), Finance or Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Law.
- A Master’s Degree, CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Must have undertaken 20-hour training on mediation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Management courses.
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
Minimum years of experience
- Four (4) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, One (1) of which should be in a Supervisory position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative and managerial skills
- Excellent decision making and capabilities
- Excellent planning , organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
The post Assistant Manager – Alternative Dispute Resolution at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.