Assistant Manager (AM) – Performance Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The role holder will implement performance management policies, procedures and Processes under the guidance of Manager – Performance Management to promote an
agile and high performance culture
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Manager, Performance Management, the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Facilitating dissemination of information on performance management process, procedures and policies.
- Assisting staff in Performance Contracting, target setting and identification of performance measures
- Ensuring staff and line managers hold discussions to manage and monitor performance.
- Preparation of performance management training and sensitization programmes.
- Reviewing performance improvement plans reports.
- Participate in performance validation and prepare reports.
- Train / sensitize staff on performance management and appraisal processes.
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Attending to staff queries on performance contracting and appraisal
- Reviewing performance contracts and performance evaluation to ascertain quality and objectivity
- Facilitate the identification of performance improvement initiatives.
- vision of logistical and documentation services to the moderation/ validation committees.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for their sections/units.
- University Degree in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Human Resource Management of which one (1) should be at Supervisory Level
- Experience of performance management in a progressive organization is desirable
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong client focus with ability to build good relationships influence and network
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Change management skills and experience in driving a high performance culture
- Willingness to work in an agile environment while adapting agile work principles. Must be at ease with rapidly changing deadlines
Competencies required for this role
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Report writing skills
- Customer orientation
- Technological awareness
- Innovation and creativity
- Seeing the big picture
- Delivering at pace
The post Assistant Manager (AM) – Performance Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.