Assistant Manager – Conveyancing and Legal Research at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Board Coordination
Section: Conveyancing and Legal Research
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
- Providing conveyancing and Legal Research services on matters affecting the Authority and follow up on compliance with statutory requirements.
Tasks and outputs:
- Make proposals on the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Implement agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Supervise research and preparation of legislation that impact on KRA and make recommendations for any necessary amendments.
- Participate in stakeholder engagements (ICPSK, IOD, SCAC, AG, Lands Registries).
- Supervise the drafting of legal opinions and instruments.
- Supervise Legal Research carried out in the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK and ICPSK).
- Computer literate.
- Management courses.
Minimum years of experience
- Four (4) years post admission experience in commercial law and conveyancing practice, one (1) of which should be in a Supervisory position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative and managerial skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning , organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
The post Assistant Manager – Conveyancing and Legal Research at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.