Assistant Manager – Information Security at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- The job holder is responsible for the review of the Authority’s Information System security to ensure technology in place and system controls are adequate to meet business objectives and customer needs.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate documentation of audit findings to ensure they are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstance and risk with requisite recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure field assignments are conducted on a timely basis.
- Supervise auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Participate in identification of key information systems risks, evaluate and test controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in preparation of Unit Annual Audit Work Plans (AAWPs).
- Develop audit programmes for assurance/consulting engagements.
- Perform audits in conformance to audit procedures, methodology, general accepted auditing standards and comply with policies, procedures and professional best practices.
- Document workings on audit tests carried out in Audit Management System (Teammate).
- Ensure other team members have captured their audit workings in Audit Management System (Teammate) and review notes have been addressed adequately.
- Prepare draft audit reports.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
- Development of unit budget
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, IT, Engineering
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CIA and CISM is an added advantage
- Membership of ISACA or IIA
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least 4 years work experience in relevant field,1 year experience at supervisory level
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Supervisory skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
The post Assistant Manager – Information Security at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.