Assistant Procurement Officer Jobs Kenya
- Senior Procurement Officer
- Action all approved purchase requisitions, submit to prospective suppliers and expedite response for the same.
- Coordinate travels for staff and programme guests by making hotel reservations and bookings.
- Evaluate and analyse the quotations submitted by proposed vendors and process local purchase orders.
- Compile documentation for approval by the Procurement Committee where required.
- Prepare tender documents and send out to prospective bidders.
- Receive bids from vendors, carry out evaluation and submit recommendation for awards.
- Provide support in disposal of assets declared either obsolete/no more annually or biannually.
- Participate in the Procurement Committee as alternate Secretary to the Senior Procurement Officer.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing and Supplies or in a relevant field.
- Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or a related field/ Advanced Diploma, CIPS (Level 5).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in procurement.
- Membership with a professional body.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Leadership and decision making skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, multitask in a busy office and uphold team spirit.
- Formal presentation skills
How to Apply
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 22 February, 2021.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).