Assistant Transport Manager Jobs, Logistics Jobs 2020, Brites Management Jobs
JOB TITLE ASSISTANT TRANSPORT MANAGER
NATURE OF JOB FULL TIME
JOB LOCATION KISUMU
Duties and Responsibilities
• Tracking company fleet and supervising drivers
• Supervise fuelling and repairs of vehicles
• Purchasing spare parts and ensuring the vehicles are well maintained
• Ensure strict compliance with company regulations by drivers
• Identify on-road exceptions and take immediate remedial action including co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations
• Liaise with drivers, operations personnel and Management
• Develop and present daily management reports relating to vehicle utilization and drivers
• Monitor drivers’ performance by Identifying poor trends and driving behaviour through real time and weekly system reports and alerts.
• Analyse operational efficiency of each vehicle in terms of idle time, stop time etc. as a percentage to identify any underutilized vehicles on monthly basis.
• Make comparison of the mapped route vs. the actual route followed on each day and take follow up action to find out cause of deviation.
• Any other supervisory duties
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• A Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Logistics or related field
• 2-3 years’ work experience as a Logistics/Transport Supervisor in a busy fleet company
• Alert and keen on details.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
• Good report writing skills with ability to provide timely and accurate reports
• Good record keeping skills and computer skills
• Ability to supervise a team
• Flexibility as the job may entail long working hours
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to [email protected]
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.