Associate – Dispute Resolution and Litigation at Bowmans (Law Firm)
Experience and Qualifications
- LLB degree with no less than an upper 2nd class honours.
- Hold a current Practicing Certificate.
- Have at least three to four years’ post admission commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution experience in a top tier or medium-sized law firm.
- Have strong advocacy skills and experience appearing and conducting court matters before the superior courts as well as the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Have strong negotiation skills.
- Have demonstrated experience in handling complex commercial disputes for corporate and multinational clients.
- Have demonstrated experience in providing advisory and strategic advice to corporate clients and multinationals.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a large and dynamic team.
- Have good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills.
- Drafting and reviewing of litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits, and correspondence;
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in commercial litigation;
- Consultations with clients and counsel;
- Reviewing new legislation;
- Attending court at the High Court;
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters;
- Ability to have full conduct of court matters, including file management, bring up system and electronic time-keeping.
- Takes initiative
- Results driven
- Solutions focused
- Team player
- Client Focus
- High Work Standards
- Planning and organizing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint an advantage
“Bowmans is an equal opportunity employer”
Please include a copy of your CV with your application for it to be considered.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The post Associate – Dispute Resolution and Litigation at Bowmans (Law Firm) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.