Associate Program Officer at Alliance For a Green Revolution Africa (AGRA)
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
Reporting to the Head of Gender & Inclusiveness and in collaboration with AGRA’s teams and partners, s/he will have is responsibility for mainstreaming gender thinking and approaches in AGRA’s strategy and country plans. S/he will also serve as AGRA’s technical lead in the areas of women’s entrepreneurship in order to shape potential investments, unlock funding for priority programs and strengthen AGRA’s knowledge management and thought leadership on the continent. S/he will also contribute to the team’s knowledge management initiatives. He/she will work at farmer level, systems level, national and continental levels to put in place communications, advocacy, programs and policies that develop more gender inclusive agricultural systems in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Gender Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Management, Entrepreneurship or related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, working on gender, youth and women’s entrepreneurship primarily in Africa.
- At least three (3) years’ Senior-Level experience designing and implementing programs and/or policy and regulatory reform in a relevant sector.
- Experience driving gender lens programs supporting SMEs, agripreneurs, financing in a similar environment in Africa will be an added advantage.
- Experience managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships.
- Experience working with similar organizations or institutions.
- Strong understanding of and action gender, youth and women entrepreneurs needs.
- Analytical, excellent data mining ability.
- Strong ability to influence positively across cultures and countries.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach.
- Deep understanding of both the government and private sector policies and governance structures.
- Results and detail orientated with a hands-on approach.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Fluency in English required; ability to communicate in French will be a great advantage.
- Commitment to AGRA’s mission and core values.
- Contribute to the thought process on bolstering Gender inclusive agricultural transformation in Africa.
- Support the implementation of AGRA’s gender strategy and approaches and collaborate with the different units in AGRA to enhance collective achievements and mutual learning.
- Mainstream gender thinking into AGRA’s country operational plans and support Country teams and grantees in implementation of AGRAs gender strategy.
- Lead AGRA’s VALUE4HERConnect Initiative, Bolster the program and support for women entrepreneurs and women businesses to scale growth, incomes and empowerment.
- Drive support from various institutions to develop and implement gender lens financing that will support the provision of appropriate capital to women SMEs.
- Promote partnerships, source and secure gender lens financing and appropriate investments for women agribusinesses.
- Deliver capacity building to country team members to integrate gender-sensitive and gender transformative approaches in policies and programs with accountability, reporting and communication mechanisms, in close consultation with head of Unit and other AGRA divisions.
The post Associate Program Officer at Alliance For a Green Revolution Africa (AGRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.